General Warranty Document for products purchased in the Singapore
Dear Customer, ONKYO products are designed and manufactured to the highest standards and deliver high-quality performance, ease of use and ease of installation. If you encounter any difficulties while using your product, we recommend that you first consult the user manual or the information in the support section on www.onkyo-speakers.com or www.onkyoheadphones.com, where (depending on the product type) you may find a downloadable user manual or frequently asked questions.
In the unlikely event of a failure of the product, Gibson Innovations will arrange for your ONKYO product to be serviced, free-of-charge when you informed us of the defect during the warranty period, provided that the product was used in accordance with the user manual (e.g. in the intended environment).
Gibson Innovations will arrange for service within warranty in the country where you purchased the product. In case you purchased your product abroad, kindly refer back to the country of purchase to obtain in warranty service.
The warranty period starts on the date of purchase as stated on your proof-of-purchase and expires at the end of the period indicated in the section “Warranty period” below. If you require service but you lost your proof-of-purchase or the retailer is unknown to Gibson Innovations(e.g. a seller on an on-line auction channel), the warranty period shall be deemed to have started three months from the date of manufacture indicated on the product or derived from the serial number. If you require service for products without production date or serial number on the product a valid proof-of purchase is required.
Where a repair is not possible or not commercially viable, Gibson Innovations may replace the product with a product of similar functionality. After a repair or replacement the warranty period will continue from the date of the original purchase. Firmware upgrades that can be installed by the user him/herself are not considered repairs. If a repair or exchange is not possible, Gibson Innovations will reimburse the purchase price.
What is excluded?
The warranty does not cover consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of data or loss of income), nor compensation for activities done by yourself, such as regular maintenance, installing firmware upgrades or saving or restoring data. The warranty excludes, or does not apply if:
- The proof-of-purchase has been altered in any way or is made illegible.
- The model number, serial number or production date code on the product has been altered, removed or made illegible.
- Repairs or product modifications have been carried out by unauthorized service organizations or persons.
- The defect is the result of use outside the intended purpose.
- The defect is caused by abuse of the product or by environmental conditions that are not in conformance with the user manual of the product.
- The defect is caused by connecting peripherals, additional equipment or accessories other than those recommended in the user manual. January 2016 Version 1.0
- The unit has been damaged, including but not limited to damage by animals, lightning, abnormal voltage, fire, natural disaster, transportation or water (unless the user manual expressly states that the product may be rinsed).
- Normal wear and tear or replacement of by their nature consumable parts.
- The product does not function properly because it was not originally designed, manufactured or approved for use in the country where you use the product, which might occur when you imported the product.
- The product does not function properly due to problems with access to, or connection with service providers, such as interruptions in the access networks (e.g. TV cable, satellite or internet), faults on the subscriber's or the correspondent's line, local network fault (cabling, file server, user's line) and faults in the transmission network (interference, scrambling, faults or poor network quality).
In order to avoid unnecessary inconvenience, we advise you to read the user manual carefully and/or consult the support section of this web site before contacting your dealer or Gibson Innovations. To obtain service within the warranty period please visit the website for contact and service options.
To be able to help you efficiently when you contact Gibson Innovations or its service partners please have available:
- The product type- or model number (also sometimes called model ID)
- The proof-of-purchase (e.g. original invoice or cash receipt) indicating the date of purchase, dealer name and model number of the product; and
- The product serial number or production date code as specified on the product. The model number, the serial number or production date code (if available) can be found in the battery compartment or on the back or bottom of the product.
The warranty period for ONKYO products produced and distributed by Gibson Innovations in the Singapore is 12 months.
These warranty terms are valid only for ONKYO-branded products that are produced and distributed by Gibson Innovations Limited, 5/F, Philips Electronics Building5 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin New Territories, Hong Kong. A list of these products you can find at www.onkyo-speakers.com or www.onkyoheadphones.com. For other ONKYO products please refer to www.onkyo.com